Training for Schools and Professionals
The aim of the session is to help school communities and professionals understand the impact that bereavement can have on children and young people and to become more confident in supporting them.
The session (with a short break in the middle) will cover the following:
- The wide range of thoughts and feelings children and young people have after the death of someone close to them.
- The impact death can have on a child at home or at school
- How a child views death depending on their age or stage of development?
- The impact of different types of death on the way a child grieves
- Some practical ideas and resources to use when supporting a bereaved child or young person
- Time for questions
If you are interested in this training session, then please fill out the following form, and we will contact you when we organise our next session.
Making an online donation to Families in Grief couldn’t be simpler. Please help us be there for grieving families.