Fundraise at School
We work with nurseries, primary and secondary schools across North Devon and the Torridge area, helping to support school staff and children, young people and their families, when a bereavement takes place in the school community.
Here are some ideas for kids and staff of all ages!
- FiG Friday! Why not organise a dress down dayat school for FiG? It could be on a Friday or any day to suit. Simply charge students £1 to not wear school school uniform and raise awareness, funds and a few laughs along the way!
- go green or purple (FiG colours) for the day
- ‘Be a hero’ – wear a cape for the day or dress as your own hero.
- dress as your favourite food (the food that cheers you up)
- dress as the thing that makes you happiest
- get all the students to dress down and all the staff to wear uniform!
We’ve got loads of other ideas to help you to fundraise at school – here’s a few to get you started!
Bake cakes or run a stall – make and bake delicious cakes (or cupcakes) and raise funds and awareness. Take them to school to sell.
Games day – ask students to bring in toys and games to play with on the last day of term and ask for a donation in return.
Car wash – get the sponges out and get the whole school involved in washing parents’ cars. How about £5 for a wash and wax?
Jokes – ask each pupil to bring in their favourite joke and a £1 or £2 donation and hold a class or assembly dedicated to joke telling.
Footie4FiG – set up your own school challenge. The most keepie-uppies or put the head teacher in goal and take penalties against the head! Charge small donations to take part.
Talent competition – why not ask if you could run your very own ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ in your school? Ask everyone in the audience to make a donation to FiG. Singing, telling jokes, magic… what’s not to like?
Resources for Schools
Your fundraising pack
We’ve created a fundraising pack just for schools with lots of tips and ideas for kids and staff of all ages.School fundraising pack
Be a FiG Hero!
Download our easy to edit poster to help spread the word at school…School Hero poster