Fundraise at School
We work with nurseries, primary and secondary schools across North Devon and the Torridge area, helping to support school staff and children, young people and their families, when a bereavement takes place in the school community. As a small charity, we rely upon the generosity of grand-makers, local organisations and supporters to raise funds so that we can continue to provide our much needed service free of charge to local families who need us.
Can you #DoIt4FiG?
We’d love as many schools to support us as possible! Here are some fundraising ideas for kids and staff of all ages…
- FiG Friday! Why not organise a dress down day at school for FiG? It could be on a Friday or any day to suit. Simply charge students £1 to not wear school school uniform and raise awareness, funds and a few laughs along the way!
- go GREEN or PURPLE (FiG colours) for the day
- ‘Be a hero’ – wear a cape for the day or dress as your own hero.
- dress as your favourite food (the food that cheers you up)
- dress as the thing that makes you happiest
- get all the students to dress down and all the staff to wear uniform!
For more ideas, download your School Fundraising pack today!FiG School Fundraising Pack
Be a FiG Hero!
Download our easy to edit poster to help spread the word at school…School fundraising poster
Pay in what you raise
- Via Paypal – with just one click, you can make a one-off donation to Families in Grief via our Paypal account. Want to know more about the difference your donation will make? Then visit our appeal page here.
- Our Local Giving page is also always open to receive donations! If you are fundraising for FiG, Local Giving will let you set up your own personal fundraising page. You can also make a one-off donation through Local Giving, no problem.