Are you up for a challenge with a difference? Families in Grief (FiG) and The Wave Project – two local North Devon charities – have joined forces to bring you an exciting new event – the ‘Barney to Beach 2024’ Run!
REGISTRATION OPENS EARLY MARCH 2024!
The date for your diary is Sunday 6th October 2024. The event will start from Barnstaple Pannier Market at 9.00am and will finish at Crow Point. The length of the course is around 14 km (so eight miles-ish) with the route taking runners primarily along the Tarka Trail and through a variety of terrains – from tarmac and pavements through grass, off-piste pebbles and sand – with some spectacular North Devon views along the way.
And then, past the dunes, waits the sea and the finish line. What a journey!
And the children?
Those with littler legs are not left out! There will be a mile-long run through the dunes and beach around Crow Point. Ages 4 to 16 are welcome.
Barney to Beach in a nutshell
- Entry fee of £26.50 per runner (or walker)
- Entry fee of £100 per team of four.
- Entry fee of £5.50 per child
- Runners will be timed (but not chipped).
- Cut off time will be 1pm. Participants finishing after this time will officially no longer part of the event.
- At the finish on the beach, all participants will receive a medal.
- Teas/refreshments available at the finish.
- Don’t fancy running? Then you can walk!
Friends and family
Rally your friends and family to wave you off at the start. They can then drive to the finish to drink tea and eat cake while waiting for you to finish – and to celebrate your success!
Prefer to be sponsored?
If you would like to be sponsored by family and friends to take part in Barney to Beach 2024, then that is music to our ears! Provided you commit to raise a minimum of £100 per participant or £300 as a team, we can waive your entry fee by way of thank you. Please email [email protected] if you want to go down this route and we will sort it out.
What better reason to do Barney to Beach? However you choose to go to the sea, let’s go there together!